WHO WILL YOU WORK FOR
A Fortune 300 corporation, a world leader in business consulting in the fields of Finance, Telecommunications and Informatics, holding operation centers in over 50 countries worldwide supporting a wide range of business disciplines. The support operations center in Prague employs over 700 employees across 5 divisions and business segments, supporting services, and internal operations. In constant growth and based in a new state of the art building and in one of the best locations in Prague.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- 40.000 CZK – 55.000 CZK per month / DOE (depending on candidate caliber, experience, and knowledge).
- Extensive corporate benefits package including home office and flexible working hours.
- International working environment.
- All relevant training and coaching for your continuous professional growth.
- Accessible and supportive management.
- Free refreshments in the workplace.
- Social events and team building activities.
- State of the art office building in the center of Prague and central Bohemia.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The General Ledger accountant is an integral role within the Financial Accounting team responsible for delivering month-end financial information that impacts Balance Sheets and P&L. This position plays a critical part in the company’s month-end close process resulting in complete and accurate financial statements. The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for preparing, managing, and controlling journal entries, balance sheets, reconciliations and other relevant accounting issues in compliance with local legislation, US GAAP standards, and the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX).
Within your role, some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Regular month-end closing activities: cost and revenue accruals/deferrals, recoding, cost allocation, various adjustments
- General Ledger accounts reconciliations
- Recurring and ad hoc journal entries to keep accurate accounting records
- Pre-Billing initiations
- Various reports distribution – e.g. P/L reports, Labor reports, Expense reports, CAPEX
- Purchase orders review and Financial approving
- Invoice approval
- Clearing of transactions on BS accounts monthly
- Identifying and suggesting process improvement opportunities
- Complying internal policies and procedures (SOX, Segregation of duties, etc.)
- Supporting internal and external audits as requested
- Taking full ownership and responsibility for the tasks assigned
- Cooperating with internal stakeholders, Industry Vertical and Business Partners
- Maintaining up to date process documentation
THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Finance / Accounting / Economics or Business Administration degree is preferred OR alternatively
- Previous working experience in (GL, AP, AR or fixed assets) in full or part-time basis
- Good understanding of finance policies and procedures
- MS Office skills, specifically Excel
- It will be a great advantage to have previous knowledge of SAP R3 FI/CO, BW, SRM, LN
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Customer orientation skills and client-focus
- Analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to detail
- Capable of operating in an environment where clear communication, accuracy, timeliness and compliance are key
- Self-starter with drive and enthusiasm for making process improvements
- Eager to learn and develop professionally