Our partner is Financial Intelligence Innovator and a leader in the modernization of investment management, from risk to return. The combination of the group’s world-class indices and best-of-breed analytics, underpinned by technological expertise and customer-driven innovation, enables its clients to achieve competitive advantage in a rapidly changing marketplace. Our client cooperate with the world’s largest financial products issuers, capital owners and asset managers with key locations all around the world.
- Outstanding employer pedigree in the Finance/Banking Sector.
- Above average renumeration DOE (depending on your profile caliber).
- Yearly bonus.
- Extensive corporate benefits package.
- International and multicultural working environment.
- Premium working location.
- State of the art office building.
- Accessible and supportive management.
- Free refreshments in the workplace.
- Social events and team building activities.
As Risk Management Expert – Dedicated 2nd Line of Defense function within Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) ensuring an effective management of mostly operational risks and of business continuity measures for company and software business.
Within your role, your responsibilities will be:
- Support the existing governance risk management, and compliance (GRC) staff acting as an expert for client’s risk management processes from a Second Line of Defense perspective following guidelines from and interacting with First Line of Defense risk owners and risk representatives.
- Further develop and oversee the Internal Control Systems (ICS) with a proportionate approach for both business lines together with the risk, process, and control owners (including migration to software-based solution).
- Coordinate the creation and maintenance of operational risk scenarios.
- Act as an interface concerning the annual review of business and financial risk.
- Oversee the incident management and related feedback loop for continuous improvement of risk management and ICS.
- Oversee the Business Continuity Management (BCM) including Business Impact Analysis, Unit Recovery and IT Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Conduct relevant testing with a dedicated approach for both business lines.
- Perform 2nd Line of Defense controls for Risk Management and ensure related reporting within ICS.
- Ensure adequate risk reporting to management functions.
- Creation of comprehensive dashboard, including Key Risk Indicators and Risk Heatmaps.
- Support the Head of GRC, in acting as interface to relevant company control functions and regulators.
- 5+ years of experience in Risk Management with a focus on operational risks.
- Understanding of financial instruments big plus (equities, bonds, derivatives, ETFs, mutual funds, SWAPs, FX, Commodities, etc).
- Flexibility to work with individuals located across multiple time zones.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal – and the ability to clearly communicate relevant information effectively at all levels of the organization (English as working language).
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to act with tact and self-confidence while also probing and challenging existing assumptions.
- Proficient with MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with risk management software.
- University Degree from a relevant background.
Not sure if you fit the requirements?
If you are in doubt if you meet the minimum requirements please do not hesitate to apply. We look at all applications individually with full attention and our goal is to provide opportunities to all our candidates as our portfolio of job openings changes every week. Welcome to your place, welcome to People Place!