Our client is a global leading corporation in Health Care, S&P400 member with over 125 years of history, holding an innovative portfolio of brands, products, and services generating over $2,5 billion a year, employing over 12.000 professionals in over 150 countries, and growing. Today with over 30 well-known brands and cutting-edge technology solutions our client is increasing its operations in Prague by offering unique opportunities to top talent to join its Human Capital.
- Competitive remuneration in line with your profile caliber.
- Hybrid work mode.
- Extensive corporate benefits package.
- Multilingual working environment.
- All relevant training and coaching for your continuous professional growth.
- Accessible and supportive management.
- Free refreshments in the workplace.
- Social events and team-building activities.
- State-of-the-art office building in a centric part of Prague.
Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant to manage specific areas of its several entities’ Accounting. The position is to perform all accounting activities across the specific entities including Month End Close preparation and reporting and also drives cooperation and communication with other functional leaders. The Senior Accountant works independently and to takes full ownership of the assigned areas of responsibility. The position is based in Prague and reports directly to the Accounting Team Leader.
Within the role, some of the key tasks will be:
- Perform the end-to-end activities in the Account-to-Report processes according to corporate policies and in accordance with US GAAP standards.
- Ensure accurate and timely month-end reporting, and meet all corporate and regional deadlines.
- Develop subject matter expertise to provide guidance across the assigned Account-to-Report area.
- Understand the balance sheet & income statement impacts of every transaction to challenge or propose material accounting judgmental entries when relevant.
- Nominated “go to” point person for a region/sector, manage cooperation and interactions with other process teams and regional/functional leaders.
- Key user for specific finance systems including maintenance of respective approval matrix, training, and support of department users, and documentation.
- Support on internal and external Audits including SOX Testing and internal controls.
- Ensure documentation (Guidelines, Manuals) are complete and up-to-date.
- Regular focus on Balance sheets to minimize open items.
- Support group-wide finance projects.
THE IDEAL JOB IF YOU HAVE
- +3 years experience in General Accounting.
- Excellent technical financial skills and US GAAP knowledge.
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written).
- Great advantage to speak additional EU language (DE, ITA, ESP, FR).
- Strong Accounting Knowledge.
- SAP, Hyperion, US-GAAP, SOX is an advantage.
- Effective time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Higher degree in business administration or equivalent finance-specific degree, CPA/ACCA.
- Pro-active mentality with experience in a multinational corporation.