We work together with our partner, a Fortune Global 500 corporation, multinational leader in the field of energy with its operations in over 30 countries worldwide supporting a wide range of business disciplines. The finance operations centre in Prague employs over 130 employees across 4 divisions and business segments, support services, and internal operations.
- Competitive remuneration in line with your profile caliber.
- Extensive corporate benefits package
- International working environment.
- All relevant training and coaching for your continuous professional growth.
- Mixed, international, and positive working environment.
- Accessible and supportive management.
- Free refreshments in the workplace.
- Social events and team building activities.
- State of the art office building in a centric part of Prague.
This role is directly responsible for GL closing, regular financial reporting activities, VAT and income tax. Ensuring that accounts are reconciled and open items solved or communicated to the business. This position plays a critical part in the company’s month-end close process resulting in complete and accurate financial statements. The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for preparing, managing, and controlling journal entries, balance sheets, reconciliations and other relevant accounting issues in compliance with local legislation and IFRS standards.
Within the role, some of the key tasks will be:
- Ensuring that accounting manuals and other documentation is kept up to date
- Ensuring that processes are performed based on manuals and completed in time
- Keeping methodological documents, guidelines and procedures
- Overseeing reconciliations of statutory accounts and other assigned accounts,
- Follow up disputed items found out during reconciliations
- Cooperating on local financial statements for the client, its compliance
- Organizing of local audits and coordination with Prague office
- Cooperating and providing information to stake holders (client, Auditors, authorities, HQ) as applicable
- Providing training to new comers or other employees in scope
- Performing other tasks as per management assignment
THE IDEAL JOB FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE
- Good understanding of Accounting principles (IFRS)
- At least 3 years of working experience in accounting
- Economic (Accounting) University degree
- English language – professional working proficiency
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel
- SAP or other accounting system experience is an advantage
- Experience from multinational company is an advantage
- Responsible, proactive, independent and self-motivated individual
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to apply hands on approach if necessary
- Good interpersonal skills (teamwork, communication skills)
- Sense for detail, accuracy