We work together with our partner, a Fortune Global 500 corporation, multinational leader in the field of energy with its operations in over 30 countries worldwide supporting a wide range of business disciplines. The finance operations centre in Prague employs over 130 employees across 4 divisions and business segments, support services, and internal operations.
- Competitive remuneration in line with your profile caliber.
- Extensive corporate benefits package.
- International working environment.
- All relevant training and coaching for your continuous professional growth.
- Mixed, international, and positive working environment.
- Accessible and supportive management.
- Free refreshments in the workplace.
- Social events and team-building activities.
- State of the art office building in a centric part of Prague.
This role controls and finalise a critical part of the company’s month-end close process resulting in complete and accurate financial statements. The Senior General Ledger Accountant is responsible for preparing, managing, and controlling journal entries, preparing balance sheets, P&L statements, financial analyses and reporting.
Within the role, some of the key tasks will be:
- Ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, and entering transactions.
- Maintaining accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies and irregularities.
- Analyze revenues, expenses, account balances to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Summarizing financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit & loss, analytical review and other statements.
- Facilitating and completing monthly closing procedures.
- Daily routine related to GL activities.
- Assuring smooth month, quarter and year-end closings.
- Performing account, vendor and customer reconciliations.
- Close cooperation with operations and business on resolving various GL related matters.
- Preparing financial statements, supporting schedules and disclosures for quarterly corporate reporting under IFRS
- Analysis and improvement of existing processes.
- Contribution to the process and internal controls improvements.
- Participation and support of regular audits.
- Providing ad-hoc information and related analysis to stakeholders.
- Contributing to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Acting as a backup as per assigned functions.
- Perform other relevant tasks as per management assignment.
THE IDEAL JOB FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE
- Relevant education and experience in the accounting field.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Detail-oriented and a team player.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to learn new things and develop together with the company.
- IT Proficiency (Excel, SAP).