We work together with our partner, a Fortune Global 500 corporation, multinational leader in the field of energy with its operations in over 30 countries worldwide supporting a wide range of business disciplines. The finance operations centre in Prague employs over 130 employees across 4 divisions and business segments, support services, and internal operations.
- Competitive remuneration in line with your profile caliber.
- Extensive corporate benefits package
- International working environment.
- All relevant training and coaching for your continuous professional growth.
- Mixed, international, and positive working environment.
- Accessible and supportive management.
- Free refreshments in the workplace.
- Social events and team building activities.
- State of the art office building in a centric part of Prague.
This role controls and finalise a critical part in the company’s month-end close process resulting in complete and accurate financial statements. The Senior General Ledger Accountant is responsible for preparing, managing, and controlling journal entries, preparing balance sheets, P&L statements, financial analyses and reporting.
Within the role, some of the key tasks will be:
- Ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying and entering transactions
- Maintaining accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies and irregularities
- Analyze revenues, expenses, account balances to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Summarizing financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit & loss, analytical review and other statements
- Facilitating and completing monthly closing procedures
- Daily routine related to GL activities
- Assuring smooth month, quarter and year end closings
- Performing account, vendor and customer reconciliations
- Close cooperation with operations and business on resolving various GL related matters
- Preparing financial statements, supporting schedules and disclosures for quarterly corporate reporting under IFRS
- Analysis and improvement of existing processes
- Contribution to the process and internal controls improvements
- Participation and support of regular audits
- Providing ad-hoc information and related analysis to stakeholders
- Contributing to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Acting as a backup as per assigned functions
- Perform other relevant tasks as per management assignment
THE IDEAL JOB FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE
- Relevant education and experience in accounting field
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Detail-oriented and a team player
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to learn new things and develop together with the company
- IT Proficiency (Excel, SAP)