We work together with our partner, a Fortune Global 500 corporation, multinational leader in the field of energy with its operations in over 30 countries worldwide supporting a wide range of business disciplines. The finance operations centre in Prague employs over 130 employees across 4 divisions and business segments, support services, and internal operations.
- Competitive remuneration in line with your profile caliber.
- Extensive corporate benefits package.
- Corporate bonus structure.
- Full relocation package.
- Career development and ACCA certification.
- Option to work on home office or hybrid.
- International working environment.
- All relevant training and coaching for your continuous professional growth.
- Mixed, international, and positive working environment.
- Accessible and supportive management.
- Free refreshments in the workplace.
- Social events and team building activities.
- State-of-the-art office building in a centric part of Prague.
The position is to perform all GL Accounting activities including Month End Close preparation and reporting and also drives cooperation and communication with other functional leaders. The GL Accountant works independently and to takes full ownership of the assigned areas of responsibility. The position is based in Prague and reports directly to the Accounting Team Leader.
Within the role, some of the key tasks will be:
- Perform accounting activities in delegated area according to corporate and Finnish accounting standards, including IAS 37 (Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets), IFRS16, prepayments, Intercompany reconciliations.
- Providing statutory accounting and local financial statements for the client.
- Perform duties according closing schedule and according task list maintained for the department.
- Ensures that accounting manuals and other documentation is kept up to date, and that tasks are completed in time to meet deadlines for the monthly closing process.
- Reconcile the assigned accounts.
- Cooperation and provides information to stake holders (client, Auditors, authorities, HQ) as applicable.
- Monthly closing – revaluation of accounts, reconciliations IFRS and Local Financial reports, Statistical reporting, ad hoc reporting.
- Provide training to newcomers or other employees in scope.
- Cooperates and provides information to stakeholders (client, Auditors, authorities, HQ, other Departments).
THE IDEAL JOB FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE
- Accounting knowledge of IFRS
- Accounting knowledge of Finnish GAAP is appreciated
- Good level of English language, Russian is an asset
- Finnish language skills are highly appreciated
- Communication skills.
- Knowledge of accounting reporting procedures
- Computer skills – MS Word, Outlook, Excel (on a higher level)
- Knowledge of ERP systems of clients (SAP)Team player
- Active approach
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to apply hands-on approach